[TYPO3-Solr] Allways Case Insensitve

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Wed Nov 6 13:18:23 CET 2013

Hi,

On 5-11-2013 16:04, Holger wrote:
> Is it possible to force case insensitve seach with solr?
> Or can I tell solr that the query is always lowercase?

Solr uses a case insensitive search with a small exception: if inside a
word the case changes from lower case to upper case the word is split:

PowerShot => Power, Shot
someReallyStrangeWord => some, Really, Strange, Word

Splitting also happens with numbers inside words, dashes and many other
special characters.

The configuration that comes with EXT:solr forces words during indexing
and during querying to be lowercase (using the filter
"LowerCaseFilterFactory").

It's really good to use the install script that comes with EXT:solr to
setup your solr server. This has a configuration that gives good
results. If you know more about solr server you could change the
configuration, but that is really for those who know what they are doing!

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!