[TYPO3-Solr] Solr query.allowedSites

Kay Strobach typo3 at kay-strobach.de
Sun May 5 18:59:27 CEST 2013

Hi Jigal,

why make things complex.

It's a filter for sites.

So in my opinion use the site, an done - no encryption - no hash, just
the plain domain.

Otherwise indexing other systems (magento, mediawiki, etc. ..:) will be
senseless complex.

Ingo said, he want to check the patch -> it's already prepended to the
issue and he also said, that i can set the version number to 3.0 ;D

Thanks
Kay

Am 05.05.13 18:36, schrieb Jigal van Hemert:
> Hi,
>
> On 5-5-2013 18:01, Kay Strobach wrote:
>> The site hash is the blocker -> see my patch :D
>
> Are your domains in the same TYPO3 installation or on different servers?
> In the same installation it works out of the box. For different servers
> I think you need to use the same encryptionKey setting in the Install
> Tool. Not sure if that is a bad thing security wise...
>
> For external indexers there is an API function to get the site hash of a
> certain domain:
> index.php?eID=tx_solr_api&api=siteHash&apiKey=<api_key>&domain=<domain>
>
> <api_key> can be found in the Search backend module of the installation
> you send the request to.
>
> The Nutch plugin (ask Olivier for details if you need it) uses this to
> get the site hash for the domain it's crawling.
>
> In the patch you completely bypass the sitehash mechanism. It is there
> to be able to use the same core for different installations which should
> not be able to access the records of the other installations. Even if an
> installation has multiple domains the sitehashes are only valid for that
> installation (because of different encryptionKey's).
>
> Maybe it's an option to have an encryptionKey setting in the EM settings
> for EXT:solr and if that is set it will override the TYPO3
> encryptionKey. That way you could easily use the same key in a group of
> installations to calculate the same sitehashes.
> If you leave it empty the unique TYPO3 encryptionKey will be used and
> installations can't access other installations' index on the solr server.
>
> What do you think?

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: http://typo3.org

Answer was useful - feel free to donate:
  -
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=KPM9NAV73VDF2
  - https://flattr.com/profile/kaystrobach