[TYPO3-Solr] [Typo3-Solr] deleteItem Problem

Hans Höchtl hans.hoechtl at typovision.de
Tue Dec 3 15:53:01 CET 2013

Hi Holger,

the deleteItem method is just for removing an item from the indexQueue
table so that it doesn't get indexed anymore. This is not supposed to
interact with the Solr index.

If you want to remove the item from the index, you need to call the
garbageCollector:

$garbageCollector = t3lib_div::makeInstance('Tx_Solr_GarbageCollector');
 $garbageCollector->collectGarbage($recordTable, $recordUid);

This will do the deleteItem from IndexQueue internally after removing the
item from the Solr index.

Best regards,
Hans