[TYPO3-Solr] How to index details pages of records?

Lienhart Woitok Lienhart.Woitok at netlogix.de
Fri Oct 26 16:42:43 CEST 2012

Hi list,

I have the situation that we have product pages which are normal content pages, with normal content elements. Therefore, the content of these pages probably needs to be indexed with the page indexer. But to make things just complicated, for each such product page exists a product record which contains information like product numbers, properties (as relations) etc. I have a working indexing configuration for these product records. What I basically imagine is to have the content field in Solr filled by the page indexer and all other fields in the Solr document filled with data from my product records.

I already tried to set the indexer for the product records to be the page indexer, but of course this didn’t quite work out, even after extending it to use the pid of these records as page id for the indexing requests. But the resulting Solr documents are of type “pages” instead of “tx_..._product” and worse, do not contain the fields I defined for products. I probably could hack something into PageFieldMappingIndexer or so to use the products indexing configuration for product pages, but I don’t think this is a reliable and maintainable approach.

I don’t think my use case is that uncommon, so I hope there are some best practices or tips around how to handle this.

I’m using TYPO3 4.7 with EXT:solr EAP, updated yesterday from svn.

Regards,

Lienhart Woitok
Web-Entwickler

Telefon: +49 (911) 539909 - 0
E-Mail: Lienhart.Woitok at netlogix.de
Website: media.netlogix.de<http://media.netlogix.de>

--
netlogix GmbH & Co. KG
IT-Services | IT-Training | Media

netlogix GmbH & Co. KG ist eingetragen am Amtsgericht Nürnberg (HRA 13338)
Persönlich haftende Gesellschafterin: netlogix Verwaltungs GmbH (HRB 20634)
Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer: DE 233472254
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Buchta, Matthias Schmidt