[TYPO3-Solr] can't connect to solr

Alexander Rothe cusaro at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 17:30:33 CEST 2012

Hi List,

i'm try to install solr on my system. follwing this instruction:
http://forge.typo3.org/projects/extension-solr/wiki/Setup_on_Debian
and selecting only english as langauge. if I try to initialize solr
connection it fails. devlog tells me this:

"http://localhost:8080/solr/core_en/admin/luke?numTerms=0&wt=json

*_response	Apache_Solr_HttpTransport_Response Object
(
[_statusCode:Apache_Solr_HttpTransport_Response:private] => 404
[_statusMessage:Apache_Solr_HttpTransport_Response:private] => Not Found
[_mimeType:Apache_Solr_HttpTransport_Response:private] => text/html
[_encoding:Apache_Solr_HttpTransport_Response:private] => utf-8
[_responseBody:Apache_Solr_HttpTransport_Response:private] =>
)"

if i try to access http://localhost:8080/solr/core_en/admin i get a
404 from tomcat with this message:

  " type Status report

   message /solr/core_en/admin

   description The requested resource (/solr/core_en/admin) is not available."

tomcat log shows nothing.

any ideas whats wrong?

thank you
alex