[TYPO3-Solr] Indexing records with permissions

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Thu Oct 4 11:14:59 CEST 2012

Am 02.10.12 15:16, schrieb Dmitry Dulepov:

Hi Dmitry,

> We have a requirement to index DAM records using Solr. However these
> records must have user groups attached to them. We need to index those
> DAM records so that user groups are taken into account. Can Solr do
> something like that? I know it is possible for pages but for about records?

DAM records are not special, they are just like any other table you can
configure using the Index Queue. By that they also automatically get
their assigned permissions added to the Solr document. So there's
nothing special you need to take care of.

However, just last week we created a small addon extension to index DAM
records that has everything prepared - essentially the Index Queue
mapping plus a small indexing helper that adds the file's content to the
Solr document. You can either build that yourself or maybe ask Olivier
what he wants to charge for that... Should be a nice deal I guess :)

Best,
Ingo

--
Ingo Renner
TYPO3 Core Developer, Release Manager TYPO3 4.2, Admin Google Summer of Code

TYPO3 - Open Source Enterprise Content Management System
http://typo3.org

Apache Solr for TYPO3 -
Open Source Enterprise Search meets Open Source Enterprise CMS
http://www.typo3-solr.com