[TYPO3-Solr] Record indexing: TS from rootpage instead of storage folder. Bug of reature?

Stephan Schuler Stephan.Schuler at netlogix.de
Tue May 22 15:48:59 CEST 2012

Hey there.

We discovered tx_solr_indexqueue_Indexer::getItemTypeConfiguration() to use $item->getRootPageUid() to determine the typoscript configuration being responsible for a single item.
Wouldn’t it make more sense to use $item->getRecordPageId() instead?

To provide a real world use case:
We use several news storage folders with different types of news within the same root page/domain.
Each of those folders has both, its very own list page and its own details page, which is caused by different content, layout and the need for different SOA friendly URLs in frontend.

We use typoscript conditions to make each news list view use its own detail page by a simple PidInRootline. That’s nothing solr related but simply news/TYPO3 configuration.

We tried to do the same with the storage folder as well to achieve this news records being indexed differently. But because of the tx_solr_indexqueue_Indexer::getIndextypeConfiguration() not using the exact storage folders typoscript representation but the corresponding rootpage instead, this doesn’t work.

Would it be a big breaking change to make the named method use $item->getRecordPageUid() instead?
If not, could you please explain why using the root page is the way to go here?

We use the EAP Revision 96775.

Regards,

Stephan Schuler
Web-Entwickler

Telefon: +49 (911) 539909 - 0
E-Mail: Stephan.Schuler at netlogix.de
Website: media.netlogix.de<http://media.netlogix.de>

--
netlogix GmbH & Co. KG
IT-Services | IT-Training | Media

netlogix GmbH & Co. KG ist eingetragen am Amtsgericht Nürnberg (HRA 13338)
Persönlich haftende Gesellschafterin: netlogix Verwaltungs GmbH (HRB 20634)
Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer: DE 233472254
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Buchta, Matthias Schmidt