[TYPO3-Solr] returning search results from solr

Lanre Abiwon el_gigantes at hotmail.co.uk
Tue May 22 11:26:03 CEST 2012

Hello I am new to solr and having an issue where after setting up as per the instructions from: http://forge.typo3.org/projects/extension-solr/wiki/Setup_the_Solr_Extension (Note: Solr was installed using the script from the wiki also) search redirects me to the results page but nothing is listed on the page.
The only thing showing up in devlog are warning messages saying " No TYPO3SEARCH markers found." despite all my templates containing <!--- ###TYPO3SEARCH### begin --> content area <!--- ###TYPO3SEARCH### end -->. I am at the point where I have nothing else to guess as to why I have blank results pages. some insight would be very helpful.
Thanks

Environment Information:
Remote virtual server with root access
OS: Debian Lenny.
webserver: Apache 2.2.16
solr container: tomcat 6.0.35
typo3 version: Multiple versions from 4.6.4 ==> 4.7 (all have solr installed and there are also some other web apps/sites being served by apache on same server)
typo3 templating in use: templavoila (latest)