[TYPO3-Solr] tx_solr_pi_results: Start with results of an empty search?

Stephan Schuler Stephan.Schuler at netlogix.de
Thu May 10 18:53:33 CEST 2012

Hey there.

Currently I’m trying to make the search result start with all available documents if there is no user query given.

I thought the configuration “search.showResultsOfInitialEmptyQuery” and “search.initializeWithEmptyQuery” would do the trick, but the search result doesn’t show any results. Instead, the “no search results found” text appears.

After a short investigation I found the tx_solr_pi_results::search() method which checks the query object for having a valid/not-empty query string. If the query string is empty, there is no query operation at all. Instead, the method is jumped
When changing line 75 to only check the query object for not being NULL, the initial empty query is done with the expected results.
But because this leads to have facet links having an empty “q” parameter (which results in invalid facet links), this seems to be not the right solution ☺.

Do I miss some configuration or is this a bug?

Regards,

Stephan Schuler
Web-Entwickler

Telefon: +49 (911) 539909 - 0
E-Mail: Stephan.Schuler at netlogix.de
Website: media.netlogix.de<http://media.netlogix.de>

--
netlogix GmbH & Co. KG
IT-Services | IT-Training | Media

netlogix GmbH & Co. KG ist eingetragen am Amtsgericht Nürnberg (HRA 13338)
Persönlich haftende Gesellschafterin: netlogix Verwaltungs GmbH (HRB 20634)
Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer: DE 233472254
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Buchta, Matthias Schmidt