[TYPO3-Solr] splitOnCaseChange in index on query

Peter Niederlag peter.niederlag at typo3.org
Fri Jul 27 15:43:11 CEST 2012

Hi,

well, I am just starting to discover the power of lucene/solr.

Now I am puzzled on searches that use camelCase based Strings, for
example like: 'StGB' or 'NatKautschOrgVorRV' (abbreviations)

If the abbreviation is used as camelCase, without quotes, the results
will contain any page that contains any part of the search string (for
example an 'S'). It seems like the phrase is split and joined by 'or'.

If i really only want to search for the exact abbreviation then I'll
either have to add quotes or use lowercase spelling.

This behaviour is yet unclear to me, can somebody shed some light on this?

Thx and Greets,
Peter
--
Peter Niederlag