[TYPO3-Solr] tt_news with language [all]

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Mon Jul 16 15:12:08 CEST 2012

Am 12.07.12 10:19, schrieb raka:

Hi raka,

> i have a lot of news configured with language [all]. (L=-1)
>
> they will be indexed in every core (multlianguage system)

this obviously is correct since you want it to be available in all
languages.

> but i can't
> find them over frontend search.

This on the other hand might be a bug where the document is being marked
as language = -1. There's a default filter on the language to filter on
the language of the site.

I've fixed this now by removing that default language filter as you
should have one core per language anyway due to different stemming
algorithms per language.

So records marked as available for all languages (-1) will still be
indexed as -1, but will now be found since we do not filter on the
language field anymore.

> what i want is that they will be indexed only in the default core
> (default language) and only be found when searching within this core.

Then simply mark the news as being available in that language only.
Solr's intend is to simply behave the way TYPO3 does.

> so is there a way to only index them into one core and is the solution
> with the own indexer the right way to solve this?

as mentioned above: set the news' language field to the language you
want it to appear in.

best, HTH
Ingo

--
Ingo Renner
TYPO3 Core Developer, Release Manager TYPO3 4.2, Admin Google Summer of Code

TYPO3 - Open Source Enterprise Content Management System
http://typo3.org

Apache Solr for TYPO3 -
Open Source Enterprise Search meets Open Source Enterprise CMS
http://www.typo3-solr.com