[TYPO3-Solr] Solr question: Protected words did not work as expected

Hauke Meyer meyer at visionconnect.de
Thu Dec 27 15:50:18 CET 2012

Hi there!

I try to use the protword.txt inside my "language" directory. The file
is correctly (?)  referenced in the schema.xml:

<analyzer type="index">
 <filter class="solr.SnowballPorterFilterFactory" language="German2"
protected="german/protwords.txt"/>

<analyzer type="query">
<filter class="solr.SnowballPorterFilterFactory" language="German2"
protected="german/protwords.txt"/>

I hoped to solve the following problem:

A person with a special last name was not found in the first place but a
lot of "stemmed" words before. In this special case an exact match
without "stemming" is necessary, so I think the protected word feature
would be a hit. The protwords.txt is in the right place (I used the
"make a XML error technique" to proof this).

But the index is still full of "unwanted" hits.

Hauke