[TYPO3-Solr] Starttime/Endtime of pages and records

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Thu Aug 16 11:58:36 CEST 2012

Am 15.08.12 12:33, schrieb dominik_solr at yahoo.de:

Hi Dominik,

> At first I want to say thank you for this extension. Keep up the great work..

thanks!

> Working
>   with the extension for some time now I found out that the endtime of
> pages and records is ignored when searching

correct

> although it is described
> differently here:
> http://www.typo3-solr.com/en/solr-for-typo3/development-model/indexing/enable-fields-support/

that's simply because we back then copied it from the extension's white
paper. The white paper has been updated just recently with clarification
for that issue.

> I did some futher searches and found the following entry in the bugtracker http://forge.typo3.org/issues/29850

> Is it possible to use Solr
>   3.6 with the current version 2.2.2 of the TYPO3 "solr" extension or are there any compatibility issues?

The extension should work with Solr 3.6, but we do not currently support
it since we rather want to go to 4.0 straight after it it has been released.

> Would
>   reenabling starttime and endtime filters in
> class.tx_solr_pi_results.php be sufficient to enable starttime and
> endtime support while searching?

I don't think so actually.

However, if you're interested in start/stop time support, please contact
Olivier (contact details on www.typo3-solr.com) for details and the
updated white paper.

I'm sorry I can't be of a better help currently.

Best,
Ingo

--
Ingo Renner
TYPO3 Core Developer, Release Manager TYPO3 4.2, Admin Google Summer of Code

TYPO3 - Open Source Enterprise Content Management System
http://typo3.org

Apache Solr for TYPO3 -
Open Source Enterprise Search meets Open Source Enterprise CMS
http://www.typo3-solr.com