[TYPO3-Solr] solr not returning results as expected for tt_news categories

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Wed Aug 8 11:58:36 CEST 2012

Am 07.08.12 18:18, schrieb Jernej Zorec:

Hi Jernej,

> But, when I try to search for the title of the category with:
> http://localhost:8080/solr/introduction/select/?q=Breaking
> I don't get any results.

That's because category_stringM is not in the list of fields to be
searched. When just issueing a query using the q parameter Solr uses the
default configuration we ship with the extension. That configuration
sets up the default fields to search, which are the default TYPO3 "core
content fields" (content, title, keywords, tagsH1, tagsH2H3, tagsH4H5H6,
tagsInline).

These are also the fields defined in plugin.tx_solr.search.query.fields

Simply add the category_stringM field to that list and you should find
your documents.

http://forge.typo3.org/projects/extension-solr/wiki/Tx_solrsearch#queryfields

best
Ingo

--
Ingo Renner
TYPO3 Core Developer, Release Manager TYPO3 4.2, Admin Google Summer of Code

TYPO3 - Open Source Enterprise Content Management System
http://typo3.org

Apache Solr for TYPO3 -
Open Source Enterprise Search meets Open Source Enterprise CMS
http://www.typo3-solr.com