[TYPO3-Solr] Custom sorting fields - how to ignore quotes etc?

Jochen Rieger j.rieger at connecta.ag
Wed Apr 18 19:34:17 CEST 2012

Hi all,

is there a typoscript option for custom sorting fields that would ignore
quotes like " and '.

In one of our indexes we have a custom title sorting field. And titles
starting with " will be in the first place after sorting the result.

Furthermore we have problems with German umlauts in sorting - but that
might be, because we use the english core schema.xml with German content?!

At the moment this website is still using 2.0.0-dev. We could upgrade to
2.6.0 (early access) if necessary as we already have this one running on
a test server with the same website. But if there is a quick setup for
2.0.0-dev we would prefer sticking with it for now.

Any help appreciated.

Regards,
Jochen