[TYPO3-Solr] combining solr with tt_news - several questions

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Tue Sep 27 16:32:04 CEST 2011

Am 27.09.11 10:43, schrieb Boris Hinzer:

Hi Boris,

> How can I use tt_news categories as facettes within the solr search
> results?

With the next release - TER 2.0, EAP 2.5 - there are special content
objects you can use in the Index Queue field mapping configuration. You
can use SOLR_RELATION to index the categories of a news record and then
facet on that field. An example configuration is used in current EAP trunk:

category_stringM = SOLR_RELATION
category_stringM {
  localField = category
  multiValue = 1
}

> How can I use the date also as facettes (maybe by year, combined with
> months)?

Index the date formatted to your needs and configure a facet on that field:

dateYear_stringS = TEXT
dateYear_stringS {
  field = yourDateField
  date = Y
}

> How can I change the output of type for "tt_news"?

http://forge.typo3.org/projects/extension-solr/wiki/Tx_solrsearch#facetingfacetsfacetNamerenderingInstruction

HTH ;)

best
Ingo

--
Ingo Renner
TYPO3 Core Developer, Release Manager TYPO3 4.2, Admin Google Summer of Code

TYPO3 - Open Source Enterprise Content Management System
http://typo3.org

Apache Solr for TYPO3 -
Open Source Enterprise Search meets Open Source Enterprise CMS
http://www.typo3-solr.com