[TYPO3-Solr] Multilingual site in one tree

Christian Lerrahn typo3 at penpal4u.net
Tue Sep 13 05:16:14 CEST 2011

Hi Olivier,
On Wed, 31 Aug 2011 12:57:14 +0200
Olivier Dobberkau <olivier.dobberkau at dkd.de> wrote:

> Am 31.08.11 04:15, schrieb Christian Lerrahn:
>
> > How can I achieve indexing of page 1 (and 2 plus subpages) page 3
> > (and subpages), 4 (and subpages) and page 5 (and subpages) to
> > separate Solr cores?
>
> This concept is not suppossed to work.
>
> Please see the general Concept of TYPO3 for this:
>
> http://typo3.org/documentation/tips-tricks/multi-language-sites-in-typo3/

I do know how a multilingual site is usually set up in TYPO3. However,
the TYPO3 concept assumes a high level of congruence between the
contents in different languages. For sites where the contents of
different languages are very different, this does not make much sense.

Independent of my own set up, it seems a rather likely scenario that
sites might want to index different branches of the tree into different
cores. This seems to be entirely impossible at the moment. Is this
conclusion correct?

Cheers,
Christian