[TYPO3-Solr] Too many values for UnInvertedField faceting on field spell

Klee, Carsten Carsten.Klee at sbb.spk-berlin.de
Fri Sep 2 13:49:17 CEST 2011

Hi all,

this is not a question because I already found a solution. But maybe someone is interested in it.

The problem was within tx_solr 1.3.0 , that the suggest box didn't show anymore. Error in Tomcat Log  said: Too many values for UnInvertedField faceting on field spell.

After some research I found this mail http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lucene-solr-user/200910.mbox/%3C4ACF93E4.4060602@performantsoftware.com%3E .

The problem obviously has something to do with large index fields an that the facet method is not good with these. With smaller indices it works for me.

The solution is to use the 'older' facet method "enum" as described in the mail. So I added this parameter to the method getQueryParameters in class.tx_solr_suggestquery.php:

      public function getQueryParameters() {
            $suggestParameters = array(
                  'facet'          => 'on',
                  'facet.prefix'   => $this->prefix,
                  'facet.field'    => $this->configuration['suggestField'],
                  'facet.limit'    => $this->configuration['numberOfSuggestions'],
                  'facet.mincount' => '1',
                  'fq'             => $this->filters,
                  'fl'             => $this->configuration['suggestField'],
                  'facet.method'    => 'enum'
            );

Now everything works fine!

Cheers!

Carsten

Carsten Klee
Staatsbibliothek zu Berlin
Abt. Überregionale Bibliographische Dienste (II E)
Postanschrift: 10772 Berlin
Hausanschrift: Potsdamer Str. 33, 10785 Berlin
Telefon: +49 (0) 30 - 266 434402
E-Mail: carsten.klee at sbb.spk-berlin.de<mailto:carsten.klee at sbb.spk-berlin.de>