[TYPO3-Solr] Grouped results

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Wed Mar 16 14:36:34 CET 2011

Robert Weißgraeber wrote:

Hi Robert,

> I would be interested, too. How do you do the grouping? In TYPO3 or are
> you relying on Field Collapsing available as patch to solr?
> (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-236)

it's not Field Collapsing. That could be used to do this too, but in
general is meant for different purposes.

We'll add the grouping feature to the extension. It's basically sorting
by type (for example) and then determining the transition from one type
to another.

best
Ingo

--
Ingo Renner
TYPO3 Core Developer, Release Manager TYPO3 4.2, Admin Google Summer of Code

TYPO3 - Open Source Enterprise Content Management System
http://typo3.org

Apache Solr for TYPO3 -
Open Source Enterprise Search meets Open Source Enterprise CMS
http://www.typo3-solr.com