[TYPO3-Solr] solr index empty after indexing and commit

Olivier Dobberkau olivier.dobberkau at dkd.de
Fri Dec 2 10:57:12 CET 2011

Am 02.12.11 02:31, schrieb Fabian Schatz:

> I installed Tomcat, solr, tx_solr 2.0  etc. Everything fine. Solr is
> running. I Initialized the index queue (tx_solr_indexqueue_item), Setup a
> Solr scheduler job and run it (all entries marked as indexed), and commited
> pending documents (all in typo3 backend). But the solr index is still empty,
> http://localhost:8080/solr/core_en/admin/luke says no entries, search
> doesn't find anything. But no errors in devlog. Any ideas? Thanks a lot

As this is a FAQ. Here are some possible pointers:

- Have you set the SearchMarkers?

- Have you enabled indexing? config.index_enable = 1

- Is your TYPO3 Frontend secured by HTACCESS?
If yes the configure the Extension to authenticate.

- Have you setup a Rootpage and a Domainrecord?

- What does the Apache Solr Report in the Reportsmodule say?

- Are you running Ubuntu 10.04 LTS? If you the check for this Bug in
PHP5. https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/lucid/+source/php5/+bug/651049
Report to the Ubuntu Guys so that they fix this No Brainer:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/lucid/+source/php5/+bug/651049/+affectsmetoo

- Pumpup the Loglevels für DEVLOG:

plugin.tx_solr.logging.indexing.missingTypo3SearchMarkers = 1
plugin.tx_solr.logging.indexing.indexQueuePageIndexerGetData = 1
plugin.tx_solr.logging.indexing.pageIndexed = 1
plugin.tx_solr.logging.exceptions = 1
plugin.tx_solr.logging.query.rawGet = 1
plugin.tx_solr.logging.query.rawPost = 1

- Do have the correct Version of Solr running?

- Is the Access Filter pluging installed correctly?

Let me know how we can make this less painfull.

Olivier