[TYPO3-Solr] Recursive update

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Tue Aug 23 18:06:41 CEST 2011

Am 23.08.11 14:01, schrieb Rik Willems:

Hi Rik,

> The code of the extension is in some parts a little overwhelming. If you
> can give me a pointer on where to look I'm willing to look at this.

I'd say it needs improvements in the record monitor to recognize
recursive settings (list of field names configured in the TS mapping
maybe?). If such a setting is found it needs to get all subpages and
mark them (in the Index Queue) to be indexed again.

> This is running now. Thanks for the hint. Does the queue reindex all
> pages or only the ones that have changed since the last run?

it re-indexes all pages. You can have a look at the Index Queue table
tx_solr_indexqueue_item:
The worker task indexes all the items where indexed < changed. So
basically you could just set changed > indexed or indexed = 0 for those
items you want to re-index.

Ingo

--
Ingo Renner
TYPO3 Core Developer, Release Manager TYPO3 4.2, Admin Google Summer of Code

TYPO3 - Open Source Enterprise Content Management System
http://typo3.org

Apache Solr for TYPO3 -
Open Source Enterprise Search meets Open Source Enterprise CMS
http://www.typo3-solr.com