[TYPO3-Solr] Wildcards in search word

Olivier Dobberkau olivier.dobberkau at dkd.de
Mon Aug 22 12:14:43 CEST 2011

Am 22.08.11 11:41, schrieb Kerstin Huppenbauer:

> how can i use wildcards in search word?
> we want to realize an instant search and therefore i need it :-(
> for example my search word is "epic" but when i search for "epi*"
> nothing is found. i already tried to add the alternative query in the
> query modifier but nothing happened.
> i think it is similar to the suggest query but i don't know how to
> manage it.

Hi Kerstin,

Wildcard Search is available in Apache Solr 3.x. with the new edismax
query component.

The integration is on our roadmap for version 2.5 dkd-eap.

http://forge.typo3.org/projects/extension-solr/versions/855

if you have already a 3.x Install you could try to change the query
parser to edismax and try it in the apache solr admin.

I will ask Ingo if the TYPO3 Plugin is already changed to support * in
the queries as we filter certains words there.

olivier