[TYPO3-Solr] Compound words and searching

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Fri Aug 19 11:25:47 CEST 2011

Am 17.08.11 22:22, schrieb Jigal van Hemert:

Hi Jigal,

> In languages such as German and Dutch (and many others with compound
> words) this would really be a huge improvement.
> I know there is an Open Source word list for Dutch spell checkers and
> there will probably be one for other languages which could use this
> feature.
>
> What do you think?

I agree, that'd likely be useful. If you can come up with a patch we
would be more than happy to include the changes.

Here're some more resource, just in case:
http://search.lucidimagination.com/search/document/CDRG_ch05_5.8.8
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/LanguageAnalysis (at the bottom)
http://drupal.org/project/apachesolr_multilingual ;)
http://niels.drni.de/s9y/pages/bananasplit.html

best
Ingo

--
Ingo Renner
TYPO3 Core Developer, Release Manager TYPO3 4.2, Admin Google Summer of Code

TYPO3 - Open Source Enterprise Content Management System
http://typo3.org

Apache Solr for TYPO3 -
Open Source Enterprise Search meets Open Source Enterprise CMS
http://www.typo3-solr.com