[TYPO3-Solr] Different results from suggest and search

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Tue Aug 9 15:45:43 CEST 2011

Am 05.08.11 17:04, schrieb Peter Kraume:

Hi Peter,

> In some rare cases, the suggest feature for a search term says there is
> one hit in the Solr index but when I execute the real search, nothing is
> found.
>
> The term I search for is definitely in the Solr index since I can find
> it with on the solr admin page. So suggest is correct, search result not.
>
> Any idea, how to debug this? A search for other terms delivers the same
> amout of results in suggest and search.

this sometimes "happens" and I couldn't track it down yet either.
Solr 3.1 comes with a new suggester component which we will have a look at.

For now I'd suggest to modify the suggest dropdown to say it's
"about/ca." so and so many expected resutls

Ingo

--
Ingo Renner
TYPO3 Core Developer, Release Manager TYPO3 4.2, Admin Google Summer of Code

TYPO3 - Open Source Enterprise Content Management System
http://typo3.org

Apache Solr for TYPO3 -
Open Source Enterprise Search meets Open Source Enterprise CMS
http://www.typo3-solr.com