[TYPO3-Solr] Setting multilanguage for solr

Nikolay Orlenko okolya at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 17:00:39 CEST 2011

Hello Oliver!

Thanks a lot for your hint.

I've got working multiple cores using standart solr.xml from examples folder
<solr persistent="false">

<!--
   adminPath: RequestHandler path to manage cores.
     If 'null' (or absent), cores will not be manageable via request handler
   -->
<cores adminPath="/admin/cores">
<core name="core0" instanceDir="core0" />
<core name="core1" instanceDir="core1" />
</cores>
</solr>

Files solr.xml, schema.xml and solrconfig.xml from example do not
provide searching on TYPO3 site. As I understand I should customise
solrconfig.xml in core0/conf and core1/conf/

My current structure of folders
/opt/solr-tomcat/solr/
   - solr.xml
     + core0
       + data
       + conf
          - schema.xml
          - solrconfig.xml
          - ...
     + core1
       + data
       + conf
          - schema.xml
          - solrconfig.xml
          - ...
  When I use solrconfig.xml from multicore example, I can see multicores
links in ...:8080/solr/ admin panel.
<config>
<updateHandler class="solr.DirectUpdateHandler2" />

<requestDispatcher handleSelect="true" >
<requestParsers enableRemoteStreaming="false"
multipartUploadLimitInKB="2048" />
</requestDispatcher>

<requestHandler name="standard" class="solr.StandardRequestHandler"
default="true" />
<requestHandler name="/update" class="solr.XmlUpdateRequestHandler" />
<requestHandler name="/admin/"
class="org.apache.solr.handler.admin.AdminHandlers" />

<!-- config for the admin interface -->
<admin>
<defaultQuery>solr</defaultQuery>
</admin>

</config>

But it does not work with solrconfig.xaml
from/opt/solr-tomcat/solr/conf/ folder. I can see only one core
...:8080/solr/ admin panel. And it is brocken. What kind of parameters
are responsible for this issue in solrconfig.xml?

Best Regards, Nikolay

P.S. I hope I am not alone with such kind of issues :)