[TYPO3-Solr] Connection configuration in TSFE is ignored

Florian Rachor f.rachor at websafari.eu
Mon Oct 25 13:53:45 CEST 2010

Hi,

I have a little problem with an instance of the T3-Solr extension. The configuration variables are correctly set in the constants (I can see them in the TS-Object-Browser), and the static template is included. Also solr is working and can be accessed over the web interface.

Nevertheless the connection to solr cannot be established under report I get the following error: "Failed to establish Solr connection. Scheme parameter is empty"
For further information I also looked into DevLog and got the following message: "tx_solr_ConnectionManager::getConnection() called with empty host parameter. Using configuration from TSFE, might be inaccurate. Always provide a host or use the getConnectionBy* methods."

It looks like the configuration in the TSFE cannot be read, does anyone have an idea what could cause this? Are there any known problems with extensions?

There is another instance of T3-Solr and Solr in another T3 installation on the server both work fine. So it seems to be a problem with this certain T3 installation.

Thank you for your help,

Florian

--
Dipl.-Kfm. Florian Rachor