[TYPO3-seminars] How to enable image upload for FrontEnd users?

Erik Sokoll erik at t3media.de
Wed Oct 26 12:19:08 CEST 2011

Hello group,
how can I enable an upload field for (teaser/event) images for FrontEnd
users?

If I edit a seminar in BackEnd I find a image (selection or upload)
field under "subtitle" on the first tab.

Is there any switch to allow the same in FrontEnd?

E.g. there are some undocumented switches like
"limitFileDownloadToAttendees = 0" and I wonder if there is something to
find for the image upload while frontend editing.
Moreover "image" (or "image_file_box") is not a value in
"displayFrontEndEditorFields".

My used versions are:
TYPO3: 4.3.x
seminars: 0.9.2