[TYPO3-RTE] [TYPO3-shop] richtext RTE default toolbar

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Apr 24 16:02:12 CEST 2006

Stanislas Rolland schrieb am 24.04.2006 15:37:
> Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] a écrit :
>>
>> the standard tt_products comes with the "note" field with "richtext[*]"
>> in its setup. This is a bit annoying, since I will always get EVERY icon
>> from the toolbar from rtehtmlarea, even if I choose the "minimal"
>> rtehtmlarea setup (which sets RTE.default.showButtons to
>> "bold,italic,undo,redo,about").
>>
>> I would suggest to default this to "richtext[]" and let the admin decide
>> which toolbar icons to display. So if the admin already has a
>> RTE.default.showButtons setting (e.g. rtehtmlarea "minimal" setup), that
>> would also apply to tt_products.note field.
>>
> Yes. This should apply also to tt_news, and to all rich text fields
> defined in TCA.

I thought this should apply to every extension that is being created. So
best would be to document that at some location that extension
developers will read:

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_api/current/view/4/2/

and

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_api/current/view/4/3/

Most examples here either have a "*" or a list of buttons in the
brackets. And it isn't even mentioned that an empty list is also
possible here!

I would mark setting this per $TCA as "obsolete" and document it for
historial reasons, but just use richtext[] in all future documents about
it. Would that be reasonable? Would that also work with other
alternative RTE's?

Cheers,
Ernesto