[TYPO3-extbase-kickstarter] Extending sys_category

Jan Kornblum jan.kornblum at gmx.de
Wed Oct 16 18:16:46 CEST 2013

> i try to extend \TYPO3\CMS\Extbase\Domain\Model\Category (sys_category) using
> Extension Builder, but i doesn't work. I don't get the field tx_extbase_type
> showing up in the backend. Am i doing something wrong or might this be a bug?

I've just compared it to extending fe_users: Everything works fine and
the field "Record type" is shwon in BE. The generated ext_tables.php
configuration parts looks similar for extended fe_users and extended
sys_category. Even the generated ext_tables.sql looks similar (both
tables got a field "tx_extbase_type").

So what could be the reason for the field "Record type" isn't shown in
the backend for extended sys_category?

Can anybody reproduce this?

Regards, Jan