[TYPO3-extbase-kickstarter] Extend existing model class does not result in prefixed table column names

Thomas Fricke allyouracid at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 3 17:39:47 CET 2012

Am 03.12.2012 14:21, schrieb Toke Herkild:
> Den 14-11-2012 16:24, Thomas Fricke skrev:
>> Hi,
>>
>> this confuses me now a bit. If i, let's say, create an extension
>> handling some frontend user data, plus adding some properties to the
>> user - ain't it best practice to extend the fe_users table? Or are there
>> other methods of extending an existing fe_user-model, without changing
>> the table itself?

>>> Because in a (ideal) Extbase world you would have the properties in
>>> your model, so you wouldn't create two properties with the same name
>>> anyway.
>>>
>>> Christian

> Hi Thomas,
>
> If you extend an existing table, then the fields you add to this
> table/model will be named as following in the DB:
> tx_yourmodel_yourfieldname
>
> Regards,
> Toke
Hi,

of course it does. :)
But Roland asked why extension_builder would not do that (afair, it does
- at least some days ago, when i extended tt_content again, it did), so
i was wondering whether this might be some new behavior.

I was just a bit confused about Christian Müllers Reply, as it reads
like "prefixing is not necessary, as extending existing tables is bad
practice". So probably there is a better way to achieve the same result
w/o extending an existing table...?