[TYPO3-extbase-kickstarter] Problem with a backend module using frontend plugin Templates

Frederik Milkau frederik.milkau at student.uni-tuebingen.de
Thu Aug 30 12:42:09 CEST 2012

Hello,

I am new to this mailing list and mailing lists in general, so i hope
this is the right place for my problem. If not, I would be very happy
for advice, where I could look for help instead.

A description of my problem:
I am developing a little module/plugin with extbase and I ran into the
problem that the backend module uses the same templates and partials as
the frontend plugin. Neither I nor my tutor could find the source of
this "malfunction". I was told I might find some help through this
mailing list.

I scaffolded my project with the Extension Builder 2.4.0 ( in a Typo3
4.5.19 environment). There I added a frontend plugin and a backend
module (without editing the actions under "Advanced options" in both
cases). After installing the extension I tried to make first changes to
the predefined Templates. Then I noticed that the backend module uses
the frontend template and partial files.

All I could find about my problem up to this point is - in short - that
I should add the following line in ext_tables.php which should add the
RootPaths from constants.txt:
     t3lib_extMgm::addStaticFile($_EXTKEY, 'Configuration/TypoScript',
'ext-name setup');
But since this line already was in the file it did not help.
source(german):
http://www.typo3forum.net/forum/extension-modifizieren-neu-erstellen/51435-extbase-fluid-rootpaths.html

I would be really thankful if someone could tell me where I went wrong
or if someone could point me in the right direction. If anyone needs any
of the files to dig deeper, I would be happy to send it to him/her.

Sincerely,
Frederik Milkau