[TYPO3-extbase-kickstarter] blog_example: why (and how) reciprocal refs between blog and post repo's?

GallupCurrent Support tech at gallupcurrent.com
Thu Apr 7 09:01:16 CEST 2011

asd extension: lol... OK, that asd ext is one crazy, self-referencing
example, I could not see how it had anything to do with the kickstarter
either ... but it did show me that what I am looking for is simple TCA
configuration.

blog_example: I still don't understand why the post repository in the
blog_example has a blog reference: it gets populated when the post is made,
but why? I assume so that when a post search is made, the search can return
the posts by blog, or at least reference the owning blog without looking at
the blog repo at all (post repo: aggregate root, implies some higher rule
for normalization that is DDD dependent or something?)... but how is this
set up in the kickstarter? Or is it just not possible to do this in the
kickstarter alone?

Anyway, the kickstarter just added an additional simple TCA def for the
trail in the trailSystem thus:

                'trail' => array(
                        'exclude' => 0,
                        'label' =>
'LLL:EXT:trailsystem/Resources/Private/Language/locallang_db.xml:tx_trailsystem_domain_model_trailsystem.trail',
                        'config' => array(
                                'type' => 'select',

                'trail' => array(
                        'config' => array(
                                'type' => 'passthrough',
                        ),
                ),
...just cut the above 5 lines, and FCE's work fine. Not sure why the
kickstarter added this.