[TYPO3-extbase-kickstarter] Extbase Kickstarter @ T3DD10

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Sat May 8 11:39:31 CEST 2010

Hi Stephan,

Stephan Petzl schrieb:
> Sebastian Gebhard schrieb:
>> Is there anyone who'd consider to assist me to lead a workshop about
>> the extbase_kickstarter?
>>
>> For several reasons I feel like I can not do this on my own:
>> - These are my first TYPO3 Developers Days, so I don't have a feeling
>> for the atmosphere there
>> - I was never part of a workshop like this (neither leader nor attendee)
>> - I want to provide value to the attendees which invest time and money
>> and maybe expectations into such a talk.
>>

> exactly the same applies for me. how much people do usually attend to
> such a workshop?

In this very form, it's actually the first time there are such
workshops. But from my experience, I can say that turnout totally
depends, sometimes it's 2-3 people (a session on Bugfixing we had on the
second Dietikon developer days) and sometimes you could expect like 20
people.

One thing that I think should be kept in mind is that the idea of the
workshops is not just a presentation (after all, it's 4 hours long), but
should actually involve the participants to do some creative work. That
could either be by showing them how to use the kickstarter and they
would make their own example application with it, or it could mean
actually coding some parts of the kickstarter and giving them tasks to
work on. Depending on how many people turn up, it could also involve
some sort of group work... Also, one should take into account that there
are probably people with different abilities (PHP development, JS
experts, designers) in the audience, which could be given different tasks...

cheers
Ingmar