[TYPO3-extbase-kickstarter] Roundtrip concept for the kickstarter

Stephan Petzl spetzl at gmx.at
Sat Jul 17 10:58:36 CEST 2010

Am 17.07.10 08:16, schrieb Nico de Haen:

> you have to install the phpunit extension.
thanks- works like a charm...
great work- i'm impressed!

> With the class parser there is not really a conflict, since the
> ClassSchema contains all information about a class.
yes i know, when i'm talking bout "conflicts", i am talking bout issues
where it is not obvious how to handle them, and where we will have to
rely on conventions.

> 1. User added a custom method/property ->  keep the it as it is
> (maybe we will add some default comment if there is none)
sure

> 2. User modified a getter or setter method and then renames the property
> in the kickstarter:
> We can rename his modified methods and keep his modifications. We won't
> touch the method body then, so the user has to care of his modifications
> himself.
hm. but since properties have no id: how can you distinguish between
rename and a insert-delete? i think we would need a separate information
from the GUI that there was some delete/rename action..?

> 3. User modified a getter or setter method and then removes the
> associated property in the kickstarter
> Shall we also remove his modified getter/setter methods?

not sure. maybe comment it out?

> One important thing is, to distinguish between renaming and
> removing/adding something:
> If a user modified a controller/repository class and then renames the
> associated objects/actions then we can keep his modifications. But if he
> removes an action and then adds another one, his modifications will be
> lost. So the user interface should provide renaming possibilities for
> all items.
ah you thought about this already, just the thing i was writing about
some lines further up :)

another question which came into my mind yesterday:

should we store TCA-information in your ClassSchema? (e.g. attaching the
default value for a property to the ClassProperty seems like a good idea
to me)
because we have to propagate changes in the code back to the GUI, so
model and code keep synced. therefore it would be great to have one
single interface (the ClassSchema) for the data. Currently i'm thinking
about how (which format) to provide TCA information to the GUI... what
do you think? maybe thats a v5 issue as well, because, as you know,
there wont be TCA in v5...

--
Best Regards
Stephan Petzl