[TYPO3-extbase-kickstarter] Roundtrip concept for the kickstarter

Stephan Petzl spetzl at gmx.at
Fri Jul 16 17:55:06 CEST 2010

Am 11.07.10 09:09, schrieb Nico de Haen:
> I implemented a prototype as a proof of concept (in branch
> extension_editing) with 4 new model objects and an import utility class
> that can parse a php file and build a class schema from it. It doesn't
> write files right now, but builds an object containing all information
> that was found in the file (including additional comments, includes
> etc.). Have a look at the unit tests, the import is running in debug
> mode right now.
>
> Nico

Hi Nico!

How is it possible to test your code? i'm not familiar with the testing
scenario we currently have in the kickstarter.

BTW: i have parsed the first TCA file now, and it looks quite promising
for me so far. guess i will split the array in tca-columns and then
decide by diff3 behaviour which changes will go into the result.

just for the protocol, here once again the algorithm, guess you will
make the decisions in your domainmodel-parsing-merger based on that as
well, right?

there is a base source "B"
there is a source edited by the user "U"
there is a new source which comes from the kickstarter "K"
there is some output source "O"

diff3:
if(U != B && K != B){
	/* conflict: model and source have been edited,
	   what should we do? I think we need to find a convention
	   here, which can be applied to each of the files
	   (tca,domainmodel...)
	*/
}else if(U == B){
	// user has not changed anything, use kickstarter source
	O = K;
}else if(K == B){
	// model has not been changed, use users source
	O = U
}

--
Best Regards