[TYPO3-doc] New 4.5 branch for Core APIs (and Git branches in general)

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Fri Jan 11 09:41:04 CET 2013

Hi all,

Just to let you know, I just created a "doc_core_api_4-5" branch in the
Git repository of Core APIs. As we discussed at some point, we want to
have such branches to be able to reliably render older versions of manuals.

At the time we discussed this, we were unsure how remote branch creation
works in Git. It happens to be quite easy:

- place yourself on the master branch and make sure you are up to date
(git pull).
- do the following 2 commands:

git branch doc_core_api_4-5
git push origin doc_core_api_4-5

Such a push doesn't go via Gerrit, so the result is immediate.