[TYPO3-doc] Navigate between versions ...

Martin Bless m.bless at gmx.de
Wed Jan 9 10:44:25 CET 2013

My plan:

Folder structure ist like this:

http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/TyposcriptReference/latest/
http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/TyposcriptReference/6.0/

When you go to
http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/TyposcriptReference/
you actually see .../latest/.

In the webpage there is a dialog element "Select version". When
you trigger that, for example by hovering, an Ajax call is made
with the manuals url as parameter. The serverside script will look
at the folder structure and generate an html menu ...

- That way we don't have static links to other versions. That
might help in keeping crawlers away from those.

- We don't loose speed as a script is only involved when it's
needed.

Comments welcome!

Martin

--
Certified TYPO3 Integrator | TYPO3 Documentation Team Member

http://mbless.de