[TYPO3-doc] Domain model for documentation

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Sat Jul 28 19:35:07 CEST 2012

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your insights.

> How about "Document"? We could then have different kinds of documents
> (designated by a type field) and one of the could be "Manual".

I had thought about "Document" too. The idea with the type is good.

> I think a version parseable by version_compare()
> (http://php.net/version_compare) would be helpful. But on the other
> hand we could also completely go without a version field and just use
> a timestamp. What would be interesting in the future is some way to
> relate the document to a package ("applies to FLOW3 version x").

We definitely need a version as we *do* want manuals to relate to
specific versions (and packages, there's a "packageKey" field in the
model). It's maybe not an issue you have now with FLOW3 now, but it is
for the existing TYPO3 official documentation (which relates to a given
version of TYPO3) and also for extension manual.

It's a good idea to take version_compare() as a reference.

>> 3) about the language, same question: should we validate it against
>> a "xx_YY" schema?
>
> yes, must be a valid locale.

OK. Is there a list of all locales available in FLOW3 or should we just
validate the general "ab_CD" schema (e.g. with a regexp like

> Yes, I think creating an Author class as subclass of Person would
> make sense.

Good, makes sense to me too :-)