[TYPO3-doc] Intersphinx keys

Martin Bless m.bless at gmx.de
Thu Jul 19 11:43:08 CEST 2012

((bcc @Christopher - we had talked yesterday about the configuration
stuff))

Good morning François,

we'll have the documentation team meeting this evening and everybody
is somehow busily preparing something - so I don't want to stand back.

>Here's the final list I mean to use. Remember that these are just
>Intersphinx keys, they don't need to be fully explicit as long as they
>are explicit enough.
>
>> t3extbase
>> t3admin
>> t3security
>> t3l10n
>> t3install
>> t3editors
>> t3cgl
>> t3api
>> t3fal
>> t3inside
>> t3skinning
>> t3tca
>> t3tsconfig
>> t3services
>> t3tsref
>> t3tssyntax
>> t3quickstart
>> t3templating
>> t3ts45

I've just done some experiments with this. I would like to propose to
introduce a configuration file 'Settings.yml' in YAML format [] that
IS OPTIONAL.

If present it should be valid YAML and it should be in the root folder
of the documentation project. For example:
.../Tca.git/Documentation/Settings.yml

It belongs to the documentation, it is versioned and it is meant to be
maintained by the editors of THAT documentation project.

---
conf.py:

  copyright: '2012, Author name(s)'
  epub_author: 'Author name(s)'
  epub_copyright: '2012, Author name(s)'
  epub_publisher: 'Author name(s)'
  epub_title: 'Project name'
  intersphinx_mapping:

    # for crossreferencing to the TyposcriptReferene use 't3tsref' as
key:
    t3tsref:
['http://preview.docs.typo3.org/TYPO3/TyposcriptReference/', null]

    # This is a list of recommended keys for crossreferencing TYPO3
documentation.
    # Active only those you are really using by uncommenting the line
(remove the leading #).
    # Also see the Wiki at http://wiki.typo3.org/((page to be
created)) for an updated version of this list.

    # t3admin    :
['http://preview.docs.typo3.org/TYPO3/AdministratorsGuide/', null]
    # t3api      :
['http://preview.docs.typo3.org/TYPO3/CoreApiReference/', null]
    # t3cgl      :
['http://preview.docs.typo3.org/TYPO3/CodingGuidelinesReference/',
null]
    # t3editors  :
['http://preview.docs.typo3.org/TYPO3/EditorsTutorial/', null]
    # t3eme      :
['http://preview.docs.typo3.org/TYPO3/ExtensionManualExample/', null]
    # t3extbasebook: ['', null]
    # t3fal      :
['http://preview.docs.typo3.org/TYPO3/FileAbstractionLayerReference/',
null]
    # t3gs       :
['http://preview.docs.typo3.org/TYPO3/GettingStartedTutorial/', null]
    # t3inside   :
['http://preview.docs.typo3.org/TYPO3/InsideTypo3Reference/', null]
    # t3install  :
['http://preview.docs.typo3.org/TYPO3/InstallationGuide/', null]
    # t3isr      :
['http://preview.docs.typo3.org/TYPO3/IndexedSearchReference/', null]
    # t3l10n     :
['http://preview.docs.typo3.org/TYPO3/FrontendLocalizationGuide/',
null]
    # t3security :
['http://preview.docs.typo3.org/TYPO3/SecurityGuide/', null]
    # t3services :
['http://preview.docs.typo3.org/TYPO3/Typo3ServicesReference/', null]
    # t3skinning :
['http://preview.docs.typo3.org/TYPO3/SkinningReference/', null]
    # t3tca      :
['http://preview.docs.typo3.org/TYPO3/TCA-Reference/', null]
    # t3templating: ['', null]
    # t3ts45     :
['http://preview.docs.typo3.org/TYPO3/TyposcriptIn45MinutesTutorial/',
null]
    # t3tsconfig :
['http://preview.docs.typo3.org/TYPO3/TSconfigReference/', null]
    # t3tssyntax :
['http://preview.docs.typo3.org/TYPO3/TyposcriptSyntaxReference/',
null]

---

The idea is that we have "Settings.yml" to place ANY settings or
comments that may be needed and to reserve the key 'conf.py' to the
settings that usually are in the 'conf.py' file.

I would use the settings in 'Settings.yml' only to OVERRIDE the
settings of my serverside nonversioned 'conf.py'.

I experimented with some of the keys a bit and sometimes made them
shorter. If somebody deviates and uses longer and explicit keys
everybody will understand anyway. But for shorter keys it's good to
have this list.

Cheers ...

Martin

--
Certified TYPO3 Integrator | TYPO3 Documentation Team Member

http://mbless.de