[TYPO3-doc] [ReST migration] Final URLs for rendered documentation

Jacob Floyd cognifloyd at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 20:07:12 CEST 2012

Personally, I like the UpperCamelCase URIs. If we had
lower-case-by-default, then you'd have to add a "-" between all the words
for legibility.

When it comes to the API docs, I would prefer we use the UpperCamelCase,
because then I can just copy/paste to build up the url. Or, if there was a
rewrite rule that took upper camel case and redirected to the version with
dashes, I'd be ok with that.

consider this URI, which should (IMO) always retain the same case as in the
source.
http://api.typo3.org/flow3/master/?TYPO3/FLOW3/Persistence/Doctrine/Mapping/Exception/class-ClassSchemaNotFoundException.html

The other docs could just be lowercase by default, but if the API already
requires UpperCamelCase, why not do the same for the rest of the docs? What
would it take to make FLOW3 handle case-sensitive URIs? (ie redirect
uppercamelcase to UpperCamelCase)

According to the spec[1] the scheme and host must be lowercase, and
anything that is percent encoded should be upper case (A-F). The rest of
the URL can be whatever case we want. Normally, it's all lower-case, but
UpperCamelCase does not seem to be prohibited in the path.
[1] http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3986#section-3.2.2

(Robert, I'm just trying to understand other perspectives, so I've
explained how I see it so that you can hopefully point out where I don't
understand. I'm good with whatever is decided.)