[TYPO3-doc] Documentation style for FLOW3 / Phoenix docs

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Sun Jul 15 12:22:31 CEST 2012

Hi,

> As far as the dictionary goes, I always use Wiktionary first when looking
> things up because I like to support community efforts and I've got a custom
> search provider in my chrome browser so that I just type "e[space][the word
> I'm looking for]' and I get the English definition. "p" is my shortcut to
> look things up in Portuguese (the only other language I'm fluent in).

Sounds good to me. I'm not used to using Wiktionary, but it could become
my new friend ;-)

>> - style used (Chicago Manual of Style)
>>
> I just bought a copy of this a couple of weeks ago, so this works for me.
> ;) What do we do for the people that do not have a copy available?

A good question. I don't even know that this means...

> If such a glossary is going to be useful in Pootle too, would it be wise to
> maintain the Glossary in ReST? Or would a new FLOW3.Glossary package be
> beneficial to maintain a kind of living database of accepted terms and
> definitions?

That would be worth checking with the translation team, in particular
Dominique Feyer. AFAIK glossaries exist for translations but not for the
default language, which is not meant to be edited with Pootle, so the
glossary for English may well have to be maintained separately.

>> We defined a general structure for manuals, but not at chapter level. What
>> with the current migration to ReST, I don't think I have an example visible
>> somewhere.
>
> Where is the general structure defined? (A link to the plain rest files in
> git would work fine too).

Actually I stayed vague because it's currently misplaced (lost in
translation... to ReST). I have uploaded an old, but correct, PDF
version in the cloud for reference:

http://d.pr/f/si1j