[TYPO3-doc] [ReST migration] Final URLs for rendered documentation

Martin Bless m.bless at gmx.de
Sat Jul 14 12:11:09 CEST 2012

Hi Robert and François,

>> The URLs need to be made case-insensitive. This has already been discussed and approved, but is not effective yet.
>

>I suggest to start with all lowercase URIs right away and still make the processing case-insensitive. That way it fits better to the paths we use at typo3.org and to the majority of www sites.

Oh dear (being alarmed),

I'hoping you don't want to change our files back to lowercase only, do
you? It has been quite a bit of work to adapt to the assumed
FLOW3-style of using CamelCase ...

As I understood we want the "official URLs" to be CamelCase with all
forms of lowercase and uppercase deviants still being accepted but
leading to a 301 redirect. We once found that "mod_spelling" may be
the solution [1].

Robert, its great to read you here! Fills my motivation reservoir with
new doses!

FYI: If files were lowercase and we'd like CamelCase URLs to work as
well we could try [2]. But this is not our problem at the moment.

[1]
http://answers.oreilly.com/topic/108-how-to-permit-case-insensitive-urls-with-apache/

[2]
http://www.chrisabernethy.com/force-lower-case-urls-with-mod_rewrite/

... all the best ...

Martin

--
Certified TYPO3 Integrator | TYPO3 Documentation Team Member

http://mbless.de