[TYPO3-doc] [SOLVED] Trouble getting a local rendering

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Thu Jul 5 21:10:22 CEST 2012

Hi,

> It's obvious that "UTF-8" is not a valid locale, but how do I set the
> default one? Any idea where I should look?

I got back to that problem today and some more googling gave me the
solution, somewhere inside a Django bug report [1]. It's not purely a
Mac OS X problem, some people also have it with Ubuntu.

The solution was to set a locale on the command line. I have added all
the information related to my two problems to a troubleshooting section
at the bottom of the ReST installation page in the wiki [2].

I'm really relieved to finally be able to do some rendering locally.

[1] https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/16017
[2] http://wiki.typo3.org/Rendering_reST_on_Linux#Troubleshooting