[TYPO3-doc] Flow & Neos documentation on docs.typo3.org

Fabien Udriot fabien.udriot at ecodev.ch
Tue Dec 18 14:47:10 CET 2012

Hi Bastian,

> * What would be the next step in order to get Flow (and Neos) documentation to docs.typo3.org "as
> is"? Can we somehow integrate our little script to generate automatic references?

To mention also there is in preparation http://build.docs.typo3.org/ where the documentation get
rendered powered by a Flow application [1]. Beanstalkd is behind the scene handling the rendering
jobs. One plan that we talked with Martin would be to generate the documentation from there and then
dispatch it where suitable.

The rendering of a documentation can be triggered by a new Git merge for instance (or a TER upload
for the TYPO3 extension case). We are taking advantage of Hook in Gerrit which works fine as far as
tested. The work has been carried on by Bastian Bringenberg during the last typo3.org sprint where
application communicates by the mean of queue system (RabbitMQ in that case).

A difference perhaps, is that the outcome is outputted as plain html instead of being stored in a
Content Repository which makes life a bit easier in terms of publishing.

> * Do you have a plan regarding "versioning" of the documentation? We'd need to be able to switch
> between 1.x and 2.x documentation for instance. Besides it would be great to have some kind of "last
> changes" section to see whenever content has been added/changed.

Each version of a package get rendered. For TER extensions, it is based on version number. As for
documentation coming from Git, tags are being used.

Example:

http://build.docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/extensions/abile_tickets/0.0.3/
http://build.docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/extensions/abile_tickets/latest/ (alias for latest version)

We also handle language for a documentation but I don't have a link at hand.

All the best,

Fabien

[1] http://git.typo3.org/FLOW3/Packages/TYPO3.Docs.git