[TYPO3-doc] setting up reST rendering server (Debian Linux)

Michael typo3ml at schams.net
Tue Dec 18 13:31:05 CET 2012

Hi,

I would like to review/reproduce the steps required to set up a reST
rendering server. I am aiming for walking through the complete chain, so
(1) install required packages and software, (2) retrieve a TYPO3
documentation written in reST from Git, (3) process it and generate
HTML/PDF output, (4) view the outcome (documentation in HTML/PDF) online.

I am using a fresh Debian 6.0.x squeeze system for this and everything
went smoothly when I followed the instructions at [1] but I struggle at
the point "Convert fonts with the provided fonts/script" under
"Installing LaTeX -> REAL DRAFT". Does anyone intend to complete this
section?

Also, I don't know exactly how to continue at the point where the note
"TO BE CONTINUED..." appears :-)

Anyway, LaTeX is optional, so I followed the instructions in [2]. Some
of the Sphinx extensions do not match exactly with the Wiki page, so I
used the default values.

At the end of the page I asked myself... "and now?" A new (empty) reST
project has been created with Sphinx - that's great... but what should I
do now to trigger the conversion reST -> HTML? Where should I put the
reST files?

Or have I missed any tutorials/Wiki pages/instructions other than [1]
and [2]?

I am happy to complete the docs, improve them, fill some gaps, etc. if I
successfully manage to go through them :-)

Cheers
Michael

[1] http://wiki.typo3.org/Rendering_reST_on_Linux
[2] http://wiki.typo3.org/New_reST_Project_with_Sphinx