[TYPO3-doc] get-the-docs has been updated

Fabien Udriot fabien.udriot at ecodev.ch
Fri Dec 14 00:05:33 CET 2012

Hi everyone,

To let you know that we (with Martin) have re-worked, during last typo3.org sprint, the on-demand
documentation rendering that we are striving to build. We have updated the (sphinx) theme based on
Martin's work and I have stabilized the code from my side.

For instance, I have just generated the Extbase / Fluid book that was put on a temporary link.
http://docs.typo3.org/getthedocs/files/1355438743/

The main advantage is that there is almost no installation to get started with editing / rendering
the docs. The "service" comes with a command line:
docs.typo3.org/getthedocs/

... along with two web forms:
http://docs.typo3.org/getthedocs/service-render.html
http://docs.typo3.org/getthedocs/service-convert.html

Once the service has been proved to be OK, I would suggest to add it into the glue pages (as Martin
call them) to make it visible for everyone. I have created a ticket for that purpose
http://forge.typo3.org/issues/43977

All the best,

Fabien