[TYPO3-caretaker] RFC: caretaker_instance mass installation

Martin Ficzel martin.ficzel at gmx.de
Thu Aug 19 23:23:21 CEST 2010

Am 18.08.10 12:37, schrieb Christoph Moeller:
> Hi guys,
>
> first of all: a massive "thank you" to you all for commiting so much
> work in this wonderful set of extensions! We are just starting to really
> make wider use of the caretaker and are already saving quite some effort
> by doing so.

Hi Christop,

thanks a lot, we love feedback.

To your problem. I would recommend to solve this in two steps.

1. Check that you are monitoring all your instances: therefore the
careztaker_selftest extension could be a good start. At the moment it
brings only one test which takes a list of instances (as Text or URL)
and checks that instance records for all those instances exist. Ofcourse
it's up to the admin to create a setup where those instance-lists can be
read only from the caretaker-server.

2. Create an extension for caretaker which adds some kind of templating
for the missing instances and a sceduler task to create them
automatically based on the list in Point 1.

Regards Martin