[TYPO3-caretaker] About result storing

Martin Ficzel martin.ficzel at gmx.de
Sat Nov 21 13:55:50 CET 2009

Francois Suter schrieb:
> Hi Martin,
>
>> If we go for that solution we have to find a new way of preventing
>> parallel test execution (a later cronjob is restarting a long running
>> test). Currently the testresult is saved in undefined state before the
>> concrete testrun.
>
> The Scheduler has a mechanism for preventing parallel job runs. I don't
> know if that may help in the case of the Caretaker, but maybe you could
> take more advantage of the Scheduler's features, since it *is* designed
> to run recurring tasks.

Hello Francois,

we currently use the sceduler for running tests but there is also a cli
testrunner which is important for the people who integrate caretaker
with nagios.

Solving the problem by preventing parallel job execution seems a good
way for me. I will think about how we can acieve this in the cli-cronjob.

Supressing parallel execution will have much less side effects than
storing an unneeded amount of equal results. So you made a good point.

Regards, Martin