[TYPO3-caretaker] EXT caretaker_server requirements suggestions

Georg Kuehnberger georg at georg.org
Sun Dec 20 00:01:45 CET 2009

Martin Ficzel wrote:
> Am 03.12.09 19:53, schrieb Georg Kuehnberger:
>> Martin,
>>
>>> Hi Georg,
>>> the system i was speaking about is using only the caretaker_selenium
>>> and custom non-public testservices. Since there are also caretaker_snmp
>>> and in future caretaker_nrpe it is not completely senseless to use
>>> caretaker without caretaker_instance.
>> I got the point, however just to explain my suggestion a bit more, let
>> me quote from:
>> -----
>> caretaker/trunk/doc/tutorial.txt
>> -----
>> Setup Caretaker Instance Monitoring
>> ===================================
>> Step 1: Serverside Setup
>>   - install caretaker_instance
>>   - create keypair by Using "Update!" in Extension Manager
>> So at least the EXT:caretaker_instance should go into the suggested
>> dependencies of EXT:caretaker.
>
> Hi Georg,
>
> csc and caretaker_instance are now suggested dependencies.
> Regards, Martin

Martin,

Thanks for that one. guess it will support the project. (avoiding
questions);

In addition:
I'm still struggeling finding the "best place" to add php-module /
function (and or version) dependencies to.

I just dont see any meaningful mechanism within the T3-EXT handling to
do so; am I right?

regards georg