[TYPO3-BLE] Status report 28-7-2011: Project Accessibility

Patrick Broens patrick at patrickbroens.nl
Fri Jul 29 08:28:05 CEST 2011

Hi,

First I will clear up some things I've mentioned in the previous reports:

Peter Niederlag told me Gerrit is completely bypassed. Commits will not
be visible in the "Merged" tab of Gerrit.

For image blocks I've made a markup which is working on all browsers.
However, there is one issue with IE7. When there are captions (split or
global), a table is used with the <caption> tag. There is a CSS property
called caption-side, which allows to put the caption at the bottom
instead of the default top. IE7 does not know this CSS2.1 property.
Functionally it is ok. All other browsers are fine with it. I've written
down this issue in the mailing list of the content rendering group, no
response yet.

Done today:
Implementing the new markup into css_styled_content. Because the whole
markup is completely different than we were used to, I had to add a
different rendering method to the function render_textpic. It's still
backwards compatible with the old TypoScript. The rendering part is not
finished yet. The output is already there. Some classes are still
missing in the output and no CSS has been written.

Tomorrow:
Continue implementing the rendering for image blocks and the CSS which
comes with it. At the end of the day I hope to have everything pushed to
the repository.

Cheers,

Patrick